We all have a ‘Bucket List’, some of you may have a few. I have about 5 Bucket Lists, some are about me, some are about places I want to visit and I even have one for shoes I want to buy. I never usually tell anyone about what my goals and dreams are just in case but lately I have been thinking if we don’t share what are dreams are will we make them happen? I have created a ‘2016 Dream List’ all about things I want to do in the next few months.
As most of you know I have recently started a separate Travel Blog with my other half called ‘Where to next darling..?’. We both love to travel and we usually do it together so it made sense. Before I started blogging on ‘Pure Irish Sugar’ I tried to set up a travel blog to document a 4 month trip around the world but my tech skills were non existent so that project never took off 3 years ago. I love having two blogs. I thought it would be very difficult to manage two blogs but when you love writing and sharing stories it’s passion that drives you on. Travel is my BIG dream in life as I want to see everywhere in the world at least once. Starting ‘Where to next darling..?’ has been a dream of mine that I turned into a reality so I want to turn more of my dreams into something real.
What encouraged me to write this post was reading Retro Flame’s blog post on her ‘Why You Need To Do A Mid-Year Goal Check + How To Do It‘. Erika who writes Retro Flame was the very first blogger I followed. Her blog has inspired me in so many ways and I love reading her posts. She’s a do-er and a go-getter and she is just a really cool girl to follow.
As there are 5 months left in the year I am going to be realistic with my dreams for this year. I have a big Bucket List of Travel that I am going to share soon on ‘Where to next darling..?’.
Travel Dreams 2016:
- Starting off with a BANG! I am going to New York for a long weekend on my own! Yes travelling solo for this one but it’s something I have always wanted to do. I have never been somewhere on my own and it’s something I think is important to be able to do. Before I am 30 my DREAM is to live in New York for a minimum of 3 months. I want to live like a New Yorker and wander the streets everyday. Time to live the dream just a little bit.
- The Game of Thrones Road Trip in Northern Ireland. In the last month Darragh has convinced me to watch Game of Thrones and I am obsessed! A lot of Season 1 & 2 were filmed in Northern Ireland and it got me thinking that there are so many places in Ireland that I haven’t been to.
- Go to London to see the new Harry Potter play. Last year I bought tickets for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child play for December that is on in London. It’s a two part play that every Harry Potter fan knows about.
- Visit a European city I have never been to before. Recommendations welcome.
- Visit a part of Ireland I have never seen before.
Personal Dreams 2016:
- Re-read all of the Harry Potter books. Bet you didn’t know I was a fan! I am on the 4th book so I have faith in myself that I can finish them by Christmas.
- I have started to practice Yoga and the aim is to do a head stand without using the wall.
- Use my Happiness Planner everyday. Even if I only spend 5 minutes writing some days I want to make sure I fill it in.
- Read #AskGaryVee book. I know a few people who have read his book and said their mind was full of ideas afterwards. I like to read articles about social media and marketing as they make me feel incredibly inspired for work. You never stop learning.
- Look after my health. This is something I think we all need to do and when you lead a busy lifestyle it’s important to go to the doctor when you don’t feel well and fuel your body for the busy week ahead. I feel exhausted most weekends and I know this is because I don’t look after my body the way I should. I don’t sleep well, I skip meals and when I don’t feel well I blank it like it isn’t a problem. Eating nutritious food and exercising is top of my priorities for 2016.
- Revamp my house. Blaming Pinterest for this dream but I want to completely redecorate my house and do it all myself (maybe with the help of a handy man or two). I recently took into gardening and redesigned my garden and loved it.
Food Dreams 2016:
- Eat a doughnut from Aungier Danger. This foodie goal is not healthy but I have yet to try one of their famous doughnuts!
- Make a cake/dessert that I have see on Pinterest.
- Cook a meal for someone else using The Body Coach cookbook once a week. About a month ago I met Joe Wicks who is The Body Coach while he was in Dublin at his book launch. I even got to ask him a question! His idea of training and food is ideal for busy people and his positivity inspires me.
- When Five Guys opens in Dundrum I will be there.
- Eat in the best Indian Restaurant in Dublin that is Rasam Glasthule.
- Have a meal in Cleaver East.
- Taste every flavour of Nobo ice-cream.
I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I did writing it. Adding something more personal and different to the blog. It’s time to start planning!
Love Kate x
*All photos are from Pinterest.